Ballybofey and Stranorlar Integrated Community Company
(BASICC) was formed to address the community and economic needs of the Twin Towns area. The Board of Directors is comprised of local business people, community leaders and residents who give their time on a voluntary basis to ensure that positive things happen in our towns. BASICC is interested in improving the character and facilities of the environment in which they live, and stimulating commercial and employment activity in their area. BASICC works collaboratively with business groups and community networks within the area, regionally and nationally.
BASICC’s long term aims are
- To increase the economic, social and environmental sustainability of rural communities by capitalising on resources, strengthening social solidarity and cohesion and protecting the environment.
- To continue to support innovation, demonstrative and transferable measures, which illustrate the new directions that local development can take.
- To strengthen the capacities of individuals, communities and groups in developing, planning and implementing innovative projects.
We welcome anyone interested in learning more about the work of BASICC. We are always open to suggestions and feedback. We especially welcome anyone who is interested in joining the team! Please contact Leah Fairman at The BASE Enterprise Centre for more details.
The Ballybofey & Stranorlar Chamber of Commerce works on a range of activities every year to promote Ballybofey & Stranorlar and improve the business environment.
- promote Ballybofey & Stranorlar as towns to live, work and do business
- lobby local government and statutory bodies on behalf of businesses
- maintain a focus on the development needs of the towns in the long term
Ballybofey & Stranorlar Chamber of Commerce invites you to join our community of businesses working together to grow the success of your business and the Twin Towns.
Comprised and led by local business people, the Chambers aim is to work closely with our members to form a robust business network and develop a vibrant community.
Membership of the Chamber is vital to our success in achieving these aims.
It lends your voice to our action, and financially supports the activities required to deliver a great environment for your business.