#StrongerTogether – Covid 19 – Support Guide for the Covid 19 Pandemic in the Twin Towns published by BASICC and B&S Chamber of Commerce
A guide for the community and businesses in the Twin Towns on the Covid 19 Pandemic has been published today by Ballybofey and Stranorlar Integrated Community Company (BASICC) and the B&S Chamber of Commerce.
The guide outlines community and business information and supports available to everyone, and aims to be a central communication point where people can get the information they need.
The online resource has sections which cover
- Government and Health Information – links to reputable sources of advice and information
- Community Information – A full list of local and national support organisations providing help to the community across a range of needs from financial to mental health
- Volunteer Listings – A list showing how to access volunteer support in the Twin Towns, and some details of how and where you can volunteer
- Information about Businesses – A full listing of which businesses are open, which are closed, and which are offering additional supports e.g. deliveries or other new services
- Information, Advice and Support for Businesses – details of support available to business owners from the Government and other sources
- Jobs Board – Details of jobs available in Donegal and remote working jobs
Leah Fairman of BASICC says, ‘The feedback we’ve received is that many people are feeling overwhelmed by the current situation and the amount of information being sent around in emails and on social media. We’ve worked hard with organisations such as the Finn Valley Family Resource Centre and our businesses, to collate all the information into a single point. We hope that it will help people get to the information and services they need as quickly as possible’.
BASICC is asking the community and businesses to help keep the information up-to-date and accurate, and to share other resources that may be useful to the wider community. Anyone with information or updates should contact Leah on 087 607 5555 or leah@BandSChamber.com
ABOUT BASICC: BASICC was formed to address the community and economic needs of the Twin Towns area. The Board of Directors is comprised of local business people, community leaders and residents who give their time on a voluntary basis to ensure that positive things happen in our towns. We work collaboratively with business groups and community networks within the area, regionally and nationally. Our Vision is that Ballybofey and Stranorlar stands out as a thriving community that provides real and valuable opportunities for everyone.
For more information contact Leah Fairman on leah@BandSChamber.com
PRESS RELEASE 25 March 2020